!! State Titles Flexi's and Wings 2019 Date Change !!

Promote your Race Here.
jcol56

!! State Titles Flexi's and Wings 2019 Date Change !!

Postby jcol56 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Sorry about the short notice on this announcement, but I am going to have to reschedule State Titles this year to the weekend of Nov 15-17.
I have been under a lot of pressure lately, largely owing in the main part to some really bad business losses over the past years and poor attendance to club events.
Last year entry fees for State barely covered the cost of the trophies and the majority of classes had few entries.
Birthday parties are as some of you know my primary source of income and I have an opportunity to make some good money weekend of Nov 8-10, so short of cancelling the event outright, I thought the next best thing would be to reschedule it?
Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused by this late announcement.
James.

jcol56

Re: !! State Titles Flexi's and Wings 2019 Date Change !!

Postby jcol56 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:08 pm

I would be willing to gift entry fees to anyone who has had compromised travel/accommodation plans and is still wanting to race on the revised dates, and extend that offer over the ADC weekend if that does not cover any losses beyond that?
The primary aim for now is to keep Hornsby Slot Cars out of the failed raceway column: getting close to the point of no return.
Thanks for your understanding,
James.

Casey

Postby Casey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:30 pm

James
It maybe too late now because of planning but I'll ask anyway with the trophys would it be better to use Medals instead not sure if the price is better or not only trying to help its good enough for the Olympic's and would be something Different as you know I give the trophys back anyway also something different for top Qualifer and concourse maybe just some Braids that would be more usefull than a trophy and worth more :D, guys at the time of my reply 55 veiwers have looked at James post some feedback would be good also James I would be willing to Donate $100 the help with the awards just ask me to take me up on that offer i'll be happy to.

CAB77

Postby CAB77 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:26 am

I wish I knew the weekend changed I had an opportunity to be in Sydney for this weekend but declined it. This would of made me want to go.

James I will only be doing plaques for 1st 2nd and 3rd for any race I hold at my track moving forward. The pricing of trophies is getting out of hand.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway

stoo23

Postby stoo23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 am

I'd really like to 'post' the Race results for all the classes of the State Titles,.. and the Odd Pic or Two would be Nice to Add as well, at least of the Winners etc and maybe a few cars, Especially Concours !!!

Sens me a PM or email, if any of you happen to take any useful / appropriate pics !! :)

Cheers

Rowdy

Postby Rowdy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:56 am

James,

I with caseys thoughts, we are all adults and dont need trophies to note our win or loses. We all like to have a clean uninterrupted race, So to save spending money on trophies perhaps go with casey suggestion with top qualifier ,some braids and with concourse give the winner a clear body relevant to the class they won in.

As for 1st,2nd and 3rd i dont know what you can do there maybe the medals like casey suggested, or just a photo of the 3 cars on the track similar to king willys.

I hope these suggestions help in your decision before you order stuff for the ADC coming up.

We would all like to see you stay open in a struggling hobby.

Pauly Scott

GT1 Gunslinger

Postby GT1 Gunslinger » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:37 pm

I've got heaps of trophies just a photo of the 3 cars and if you finish in the top 3 you get your next race for free I'll be happy with that

OhioMurray

Postby OhioMurray » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Really a good opportunity to make some money, it is a pity that it's too late for me. I mean it is a very nice idea to make some money and I'm not sure it is will work now. You know now we have the other strategies that can help us to receive a passive income. I found this site https://themoneymix.com/passive-income-ideas/there are some ideas about how people now make money and how to invest money correctly. I'm thinking about how to develop one of the ideas. Hope that everything will work.
Last edited by OhioMurray on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stoo23

Postby stoo23 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:21 am

????
Hi Murray and welcome to our Forum :)

Not sure I understand your 'post' though ???

cheers