2016 Worlds, Germany.

Promote your Race Here.
SlotBaker

2016 Worlds, Germany.

Postby SlotBaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:04 am

Not sure if anyone is interested, or already knows about this, but posted here for info.

Spotted on facebook.
For more info, log onto facebook and search "Jean Pierre van Rossem"

Steve King

SlotBaker

Re: 2016 Worlds, Germany.

Postby SlotBaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:05 am

Steve King

SlotBaker

Postby SlotBaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 am

Steve King

Timmy Tyler

Postby Timmy Tyler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm

It is early stages yet, and the format of the races and the racers attending will no doubt evolve. But JPVR has a long history of making these events happen, and they are always an incredible amount of fun.

Currently, he wishes to see Wayne, Cody and me racing for Australia. Hopefully Wayne and Cody can make it. There will be many changes over the next few weeks, as JP is able to contact racers and confirm their interest. One thing is for certain, he WILL make it happen.

(Forgot to mention, I was planning a trip to Europe at that time anyway, so I am definitely in!)

SlotBaker

Postby SlotBaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Good to hear Tim.
Is it listed anywhere else on the internet, so others can see what is going on?

Hope it does come off and we get at least 3 downunder racers entered.

By the way, it's an open event, so anyone may enter, but only the racers ranked by JPvR will get any travel allowances.
Steve King

Timmy Tyler

Postby Timmy Tyler » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm

It seems to be Facebook only for info. I agree, it would be good to have a solid Australian contingent there. Hey Wayne, are you guys up for it?

stoo23

Postby stoo23 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 pm

:o :shock: ,..Gee,..after the last 'effort', I must admit, I thought perhaps we may have heard the Last of JPVR.

Yes,.. I guess he Does have a 'History' of 'Making these events Happen,.. although the last attempt, with 'Specific' Reference to the "Retro" side of things, (it could perhaps be suggested), was an abysmal Failure. :(

It could also be 'suggested', that he Also has a Long History of Upsetting people !!,.. ;) ;) :D

I guess, it Will be Good,.. if it Does Happen,.. but I certainly Won't be 'Holding my Breath',.. :D ,.. I simply could Not afford it Anyway,..

Previously,.. (with the notable exception of a Few Local racers), Australia,.. and Especially Aussie Retro Racing, was Not even on JP's Map,..lol
It was through the work and activities of 'SlotBaker' and others,.. that JP was 'Informed' of the 'Retro' activities, races, championships etc within Australia,.. so once again, Thanks for All your Previous Work and Efforts Generally, (for Retro) Steve, it was and Still IS greatly appreciated !! :)

I would also Have to 'suggest' that if there was Anyone in Australia that 'Deserves' a 'Paid' Entry to this 'Event', apart from Cody, (and generally, as a 'Driver', yourself Tim), it would Have to be Mark Fox !!

Personally, if I could afford to go Anywhere Overseas for a retro race, I think I would MUCH Prefer to go Here;
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caribbea ... 1399929358

Now, let's think about this,.. Germany with an arguably slightly Odd Belgian ??,.. or 'On the Beach' in the Caribbean, with one of the Really Nice guys of Slot Racing,... Hmmm,.. difficult choice ??,.. ;) ;) :) :D :lol:

Perhaps Not ??,.. :lol:
Cheers :)

ozproducts

Postby ozproducts » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 pm

yes wayne

stoo23

Postby stoo23 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:24 pm

:) :D

Timmy Tyler

Postby Timmy Tyler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:42 pm

I agree, Mark Fox would DEFINITELY deserve an entry. Whether he would register on the JP radar, though, is another issue! There are many great racers from around the world vying for his attention.

I'm glad that Wayne and Cody are up for it, because they'll make us Aussies a real force to be reckoned with in EVERY class.

It is a strength of guys like Wayne and Cody that they can excel at any kind of racing. Be it Wing Cars, Retros, or hard body stuff, they will race it as well as anyone in the world. There are very few drivers in the world who have such a breadth of ability. Some can do Wing Cars (Americans), some can do model cars (Germans), but very few can do it all.

Of course, there are obvious exceptions (Horky, Beuf...) But those guys are from another planet. They are like Michael Schumacher or Valentino Rossi. Racers like Wayne are the best of the Australian best, and fully deserve to represent us at such an event.

ozproducts

Postby ozproducts » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Thanks Tim Wayne

SlotBaker

Postby SlotBaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Tough choice Stoo.
:)

Good to hear Wayne.

Hope it does come off.

We'll be hoping and watching.
Steve King

fast_mick

Postby fast_mick » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:09 am

I am not sure what dates he is proposing but the dates seem be the same as the US Nats.

Of course no problem for brambles & tim ... but if the dates do clash he may say .... cancelled due to no US racer support.

anyway lets hope it goes ahead.... but secretly I wish he sponsored the 2016 Spray Goo Nats at Raceworld instead.

brady

Postby brady » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:25 am

Just let me at them,please let me at them,just one chance,please let me at them.My results speak for themselves over the last few years and I think ill finance myself and win a world champs or two.Let me at em, just let me at em. :) Regards ,2nd in 2015 Nats (both classes),twice NSW Can-Am champ,BRAD.But wait....I have heard this one before.Oh no,could this be all BS like previous PROPOSALS,it could,nt be could it.Ah well there goes my world champs and Troys&Marks&Codys like the last couple of times.I think we need to hear something more official from the governing body.

ozproducts

Postby ozproducts » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Down Boy . Will let you at them soon,Raceworld Australia is having the World Retro Championships is 2017, So wait to then